Friday 8 April 2022

Birthday card

 Hello there,


I'm popping in quickly with a birthday card I made for my eldest grand daughter.


I used the die set from Alexandra Renke Glory flower set and cut the main flower, stem and leaves in thick white card.

I read on someone's blog post that good thick card is alright for watercolouring onto so I gave it a go. Now I'm not trying to convince anyone that using thicker card has turned me into an artist ha ha but it turned out quite good for me. I gave the flower head a slight colour wash in purple. The stem and leaves had a slightly deeper colour wash in greens. 

The second part of the flower was cut from deep purple pearl card and the stamen from some rose gold pearl card.

While I had the paints out I gave the panel a few splatters in purple.

The flower is quite large so fit nicely onto a slimline card

The sentiment is Avery Elle cut with a Cathrine Pooler banner die


Thanks for popping in


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card and love the beautiful watercoloured flower and splatters
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very much appreciated.