Saturday 4 July 2020

Less is More # 423

Hi There,

It's a colour challenge at Less is More 
and we have a fun, vibrant palette for you this time.

I love a colour challenge especially strong, bright colours. This is right up my street and I couldn't wait to start playing.

I started with a stencil for the background.
After a lot of fiddly masking I used some home made texture paste which I coloured grey by adding a very tiny amount of black acrylic paint.
I then took a little bit of bright pink Twinkling H2O's and scribbled it on a craft mat, gave it a squirt of water and smooshed the top 2 or 3 inches of a piece of white card.
Once dry I placed the flower dies so the heads were on the painted part of the card and the stems were left white and cut them out.
When the texture paste was dry I placed the flowers where I wanted them using small foam pads on the heads.
I used an offcut of bright yellow card to stamp the sentiment and trimmed it off to fit and placed it over the flower stems with foam pads.

Stencil   Memory Box Zippy Dots
Flower Dies     Amazon
Sentiment     Avery Elle Simple Sentiments

This is me in my comfort zone, I really enjoyed making this one

Don't forget to check out the other DT for some fab inspiration

Thanks for popping in x


5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Lynne! Great card. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Lynne, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous CAS card Lynne -my twinkling H20's are very very neglected!!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Love that dotty background and the placement of the flower and sentiment banner. Lovely showcase for the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you used texture paste on this card Lynne! It's something we often forget about when we try to keep our cards super CAS. Your design has worked perfectly though. Thanks so much for this awesome inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very much appreciated.