Saturday 18 September 2021

Less is More # 452, Hexagons

 Hello there,

We have a fun challenge for you at Less is More today,



Lots of scope for your creativity with this one, we can't wait to see what you come up with.



For my first card I went obvious with a Bee theme.

A really simple design using Spellbinders Hexagon dies.

I started by making a panel for the front of my card and cutting a hexagon just right if centre.

I found a piece of thin card that I'd printed the honeycomb pattern  from The Lovely Studio onto, in my snippets box and placed it on the card base under my cutout.

I then cut two hexagons from the same piece of card and placed them alongside the cutout using foam pads.

I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the little bee, from a set from The Works, added some Glamour Dust to his wings and adhered him with a small foam pad.

The sentiment is PC generated and yes it is wonky. I think the die slipped when cutting it out and I didn't have time to do it again. Please don't judge me :)


My second card was made for my son's birthday which he celebrated recently.

I've used the football theme and the colours of his favourite team, Hull City FC, who play in black and amber.

I started with a stencil from Studio 75 and black ink. The hexagons are Spellbinders again cut from amber card. 

I stamped and heat embossed a football from a very old Stampman set and cut that out with the smallest hexagon die.

The sentiment is PC generated (straight this time)


Thank you for popping in


3 comments:

  1. Both beautiful cards love the hexagons and little Bee and the football works too as a hexagon
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of these, Lynne. The first is so sweet - I love your design, the paper, and that wonderful little bee. The second is so great for a soccer lover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your design on the first one, Lynne, with one hexagon through the aperture, a great little detail. And why didn't I think of football for this one, my O/H is football mad! Great idea! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very much appreciated.