Thursday 6 February 2020

A Man card

Hi there,

The February challenge at A Place to start is to create a masculine card or project. I find man cards quite difficult so don't make many and when I do they tend to follow the same basic design of manly coloured papers with layers, tags or banners. So I've come up with something a little bit different this time


It's my elderly neighbours birthday next week. He's not in good health but always tries to be as cheerful as possible. It's because of his health that I was stuck for ideas really. The shops are full of cards with pics of anything sporty, glasses of beer or flashy cars.
John  is in his 80's, he can't walk more than 3 steps without a rest, he's just had his licence revoked because of his ill health and he can't drink alcohol. I didn't want him to think I was taking the micky but now I'm worried this one might be a bit too modern for him.

I cut the leaves from some scraps of card that I'd smooshed with distress inks
The wood effect paper is from Lemon Craft
I made the frame using 2 sets of rectangle dies.
The sentiment is PC generated.

Dies by
The Works
Simply Graphic
Spellbinders
Caroles crafts

No matter what, I know he'll be too polite to say anything but nice things.

Thanks for popping in x

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS card Lynne love the design and the dies-I bought these after seeing them on one of your cards
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love your CAS design and I also love the organic look of your focal! Thanks so much for sharing this lovely project with us at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You have been chosen as our featured Rising Star this week at A Place To Start! Please stop by our blog and grab your badge!
    The Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lynne, your card looks wonderful! I think it would cheer up your neighbour and bring him a little sunshine or at least a smile on his face! Thank you so much for playing along at A Place To Start and congrats with your nomination! Bye, Deezy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful CAS design! I'm sure the recipient loved it, thoughtful of you to plan the design considering his health! Thank you for sharing your work at A Place to Start challenge. All the best :)

    Karthikha,
    DT - A Place to Start
    My Blog - K's Kards and Krafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very much appreciated.