Saturday 11 April 2020

CAS Christmas, April 2020

Hi there

How are you all managing with the limits we're living under due to this terrible virus? For me, the worse part is not being able to cuddle my grand kids. I saw my youngest grand daughter Emilia yesterday. She's 10 months old and learning new things all the time but I could only speak to her through the car window. It was torture seeing her but not being able to touch. I'm sure you are all in the same boat one way or another and I feel for you.

Anyway, onto more pleasant things. It's time for April challenge at CAS Christmas  which is,

Here is my entry

I've gone with " Deck the Halls" and now can't stop singing fa la lala laa

I started by cutting the holly boughs( Nellie Snellen) from some card that I'd smooshed with distress inks and sprayed lightly with gold Glimmer Mist.
The berry die cut is cut from white pearlized card.
I tried lots of colours for the background panel, gray, kraft, red and white embossed but decided to go a little bit quirky and smoosh some more card with Twinkling H2O's in Pink, Grapefruit and Jasmine.
I then chose the bits with the best variation in shade and cut them with a rectangle die from Die-Namics
The sentiment (song) is by Winnie & Walter stamped in Versamark Black
I've added a few pink gems for berries.

A close up of the holly after a spray of  gold Glimmer Mist


Thanks for popping in x



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS card Lynne, I love your bough of shimmery holly. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these non-traditional colors and the way you've cut the rectangles, Lynne! The holly is beautiful and icy looking! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and love the non traditional colours!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just playing catch up! (like I am so busy I haven't time????!!) This is a great card Lynne - love the background rectangle colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful CAS card-love the design -you have some great ideas for CAS---I agree the worst part is missing the grandchildren -two of them had birthdays on Sat Noah was 4yrs and got te see and speak to him through a car window-but Holly was 11yrs and not seen or spoke to her since the lockdown as grandaughters are with their Mum
    Carol x
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Wonderful CAS design in a non-traditional colour. Love the panel background. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your design with the strips of ombre pinks under your
    holly! Very pretty! thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was drawn to the pink on this card, it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very much appreciated.