Sunday 13 September 2020

CAS Mix up challenge September

 Hello there,

First all I'd like to welcome my new follower Chana. Thank you for following my blog


The challenge at CAS Mix up 

this month is embossing with dies.

 

I've embossed with dies lots of times but there's some really good tutorials on the blog for doing somethings a bit different. One technique that caught my eye was inking up the die before embossing with it and then applying EP so I thought I'd give that a go. There is also some super inspiration from the DT and some of the entries are beautiful.

I had 3 practice runs with different dies and scraps of card and all 3 went straight into the bin. They either had not enough ink or too much ink that touched the whole die or bits of both. So, ofcourse that meant too much embossing powder or not enough. So I've gone with what I know works for me and leave the fancy, clever stuff for the artists.


The die I used is from Amazon

Sentiment from Avery Elle


The butterfly is cut with a Memory Box die and 8 layers of vellum.

I use vellum because it's stiff enough to keep it's height.

I finished it off with a small dab of Pearl Maker mainly to cover where the glue is.


I'm getting to that age when I seem to need more and more of these sort of cards and this design feels just enough to me.


Thanks for popping in.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, this is delightful. That layered vellum flutter in blue really spreads it's wings over that perfectly die embossed background. This couldn't be more CAS. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, Lynne, you ARE a card artist, even if that technique didn't work for you. If it makes you feel any better, it didn't work for me either! Not only that, I had a hard time just doing the embossing without it cutting, even with the pad, lol! I'm going to keep playing with it thanks to your stunning embossing! And I adore that multi-layer vellum butterfly!! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful Lynne! I love that multilayered butterfly!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy you came along to CAS Mix Up Lynne... and this is simply lovely. I ADORE that gorgeous vellum butterfly! (Challenge taxed me a bit too but don't tell anyone!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had mixed results with the heat embossing too. No need to heat emboss when you get these results, Lynne! Perfection and that butterfly is gorgeous! Love this! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply elegant die embossed image for your Gorgeous 8 layer vellum butterfly, Lynne. Love your dainty thinking of you sentiment too. Your card is CAS perfection. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a classy card Lynne,so sorry I am so late leaving comments, my time isn't my own lately ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Lynne! The embossing with die is amazing and so is your layered vellum butterfly. Stunning card! I have not been able to get the embossing powder embossing to work for me either. Moving on from the frustration was the right thing to do! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very artistic and beautiful! I love the all white with pop of colour from your stunning vellum butterfly! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Artists use the bin a lot I'm told LOL! You ended up with the most beautiful card Lynne. I love the offset swirl and the butterfly is stunning. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful sympathy card Lynne love the embossed die technique-though not tried it myself yet lol-beautiful multi layered vellum butterfly-the result was worth the hassle
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The die you have used is beautiful making a gorgeous card. The butterfly on top is very much the cherry on top. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very much appreciated.