Saturday 26 September 2020

Less is More #429

 Hello there,

I hope you're all well and raring to get into your craft space for the latest challenge from Less is More

 

 
 One layer time again and this time it's 'cheers'

We want to see your creations for celebrations, get togethers with friends or simply enjoying a cocktail or two. Just don't forget to keep it clean and simple.


I struggled a bit with this but I think that was down to me and a lack of mojo and imagination.

I had 3 tries that all ended up in the bin before I finally came up with this one which I'm ok with.



I used a dark blue coated card with a slight shimmer to it.

I used a stamp set from Sugar Pea designs called Cheers to You, stamped in clear ink and embossed in silver EP.

Originally I tried colouring inside the glasses with a very watery Twinkling H2O paint that is made especially for dark card but it looked absolutely rubbish, possibly because it's coated card so I gave up on that idea and left it clean. I think it says every thing I needed it to say.

I'm also entering this card into the latest challenge at  Time Out 




I'm looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. Please check the DT entries too for some inspiration.


Thanks for popping in.

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS card Lynne love the simple silver embossing against the blue cardstock and yes it says everything you need it to say
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant CAS card Lynne! The silver on that yummy cardstock is really effective. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do enjoy looking to see what the latest LIM challenge is. After my 2 year break from paper crafting it was such a pleasure to see that it still running. This theme is a great fun one, love your inspiration piece it is utterly CAS and very expressive. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it turned out perfectly and wonderfully CAS-love the sparkle and the base coloured card is a fab idea. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful design, Lynne. I love the shiny, blue base coupled with silver embossing. I also love it when two challenges compliment each other like this. Thanks for playing your wonderful LIM card at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems that we struggled the same with this challenge. But your card worth the efforts. Very elegant and stylish with this choice of colours. Love it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it turned out perfectly Lynne! I love the shimmering blue card stock and the clean silver embossing. It needs nothing else! You made me laugh with your comment on my blog - if I opened a bottle of fizz every time I did a bit of 'hard work' in the craft square metre, I'd be very 'well-oiled' indeed!!! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very much appreciated.