Saturday 12 September 2020

Less is More #428



Hello there,

We have a super new challenge for you today over at Less is More

I know a few of our regulars will be over the moon at this colour choice.

When ever I think purple I always go for the bluish tones, think Cadbury's chocolate wrappers. I did think that purple also covered the red tones but wasn't sure, so I googled it and it does. That means I could make two cards to share this time.

For my first card I started with some mottled lilac card (I think it's from Papermill Direct but I've had it for years). It's quite subtle but perfect for this card.
I used my Memory box Zippy Dots stencil and some texture paste, before smothering it in lilac embossing powder.
While the paste was drying I made my flower. I used eight layers of purple tissue paper cut out with a super little die set I found in the Range, from Crafters Companion. I'm raving about this die set because
it has the best Stamen die I've ever used.
I added a heart shaped gem stone and a single sequin.
The sentiment is from Avery Elle.

I used the largest of the stamen dies and four layers of orange tissue paper.

Using a tiny amount of glue, just enough to stick the layers down and using my thumb nail to make the edges stand up I manage to create this. Can you tell how pleased I am?

My second card is more of a reddish purple

Same mottled card and another  Memory Box stencil, Texture Disperse. After lots and lots of masking I used texture paste again, this time covering it with  Mauve glitter.
The Gerbera flower die is from X cut and for this one I used Vellum. The stamen die is the same one I used in the first card.
I added some tiny purple gems between the stencilled lines.
Sentiment from Avery Elle.

I'm looking forward to seeing your creations, please check out the main blog for some more inspiration from the design team.

Thanks for poppig in x

1 comment:

  1. Both fabulous CAS cards Lynne love the texture paste and flowers-really love the first one!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very much appreciated.