Saturday 15 May 2021

Less is More # 443

 Hello there,

Another Saturday has turned up and is just waiting for us to get our creative juices flowing with another challenge at Less is More

This time it's a sketch,


 

A nice simple one today.

I do love a sketch challenge. As long as you stick to the basic design you can put your own interpretation on it.


For this card I used a stencil from Funky Fossil.

I started by embossing a rectangle on the card front using a Spellbinders Rectangle nestie die.

I then masked off the rectangle with post it notes before placing the stencil how I wanted it over the top. After securing the stencil I used homemade texture paste to give some dimension.

As soon as I removed the stencil and postits I smothered it in WOW Lime Rickey EP. This EP is beautiful, it has some glitter in it too so even after heating there is a lovely subtle sparkle.

I left the card alone for a couple of hours until the texture paste was dry before heating it up.

I made a flower, Primrose from Crafters Companion, out of pink crepe paper and added a touch of gold in the centre.

The sentiment is by Avery Elle stamped and embossed in gold EP.



My second card is completely different.

I stamped and coloured the house and used the nestie rectangle die to cut it out.

Then I stamped and coloured the Gnome and fussy cut him before popping him in place with a foam pad.

I wanted to put some white spots on the toadstools but my white gel pen has dried up. Something else to add to my 'must remember' list

All stamps are MFT Hanging with my Gnomies set.


Really looking forward to see your interpretation of the sketch. Please pop along to the blog for some lovely inspiration from the team.


Thanks for popping in x

3 comments:

  1. Both beautiful cards love the vibrant green of the leaves and the cute little gnome
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your cards. This sketch is really great, and you used it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Lynne ;) Viv x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very much appreciated.