Saturday 29 May 2021

Less is More #444, Favourite Technique

 Hello there,

It's a bank holiday weekend in the UK so a perfect time to get crafting and join in with our new challenge at Less Is More. Hopefully the weather is going to improve too. I think Spring forgot to turn up this year.



We want you to share your passion. The one technique that you use most simply because you love it.


My favourite technique changes depending on my mood but at the moment I'm using stencils more and more. I'm building quite a collection and have been trying different methods of using them. I do love texture and the effects different products give. My first card is made using Embellishing Mousse.




Get me being all trendy with a slimline card.

I've used this gorgeous Teal coloured card with Gold Nuvo Embellishing Mousse. I think it looks quite opulant and also shows that Cas doesn't have to be white.

The Stencil is a cheap one I found on Amazon.

The sentiment, also from Amazon is die cut in gold mirror card



My next one is using a Snowflake Stencil from Funky Fossil.

I've used homemade texture paste and embossed it with two tone Moonglow EP in blue/gold.

 

My last card is also using homemade texture paste with a heart stencil from Studio 75. I sprinkled this one with very pale pink glitter.


 The word die is from Dieversions triple layered in pink card.


Homemade texture paste is really easy and cheap to make.

1/4 cup of talcum powder ( I use baby powder because it smells lovely)

1 TBS cheap uPVA glue

1 TBS white acrylic paint

Some water.

Mix together adding small amounts of water until the paste has the consistancy of toothpaste.

Keep in an air tight jar and it lasts for a good few weeks.


I hope I've given you some ideas. Please check out the other DT members blogs for some fabulous inspiration.

Thanks for popping in.



4 comments:

  1. Mine too, beautiful 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous CAS cards Lynne and love the stencils you used especially the second one
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this technique as well! Wonderful job on these 3 lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous, Lynne ! Such beautiful CAS designs with this technique. I should use my stencils more often and thanks so much for the recipe...will try it ! Have a great day. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very much appreciated.