Tuesday 16 August 2022

Congratulations

 Hello there,


I'm popping in to share a wedding card I made for friends of my son and DiL. I was asked to make their wedding invitations at quite short notice but they paid me double the asking price so the least I could do was send them a card.



The colour scheme was emerald and I found a couple of pieces of card I'd smooshed ages ago  in different shades of green. I like to give my smooshed cards a quick spray of glimmer mist in either gold or silver. I love the subtle sheen when the light is right.




I started by using a heart die to emboss the front of my card as a guide. I then cut lots of the leaf branches from the curved leaf branch die set by Alexandra Renke, from scraps of white card just to play about with until I got a layout I was happy with.

Then I cut the leaves from the smooshed card getting a good mix of shades of green and swapped the white leaves for the green ones. 

I cut the congratulations with a die and 3 layers of white card and one of old gold pearl card.

The whole card was extremely fiddly and took forever but I'm really pleased with the end result. I don't think I'll be doing another one just yet though.


Thanks for popping in...


2 comments:

  1. Very fiddly but the result is absolutely worth it-I love the foliage heart in the shades of green
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO much patience, but well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very much appreciated.