Saturday 27 August 2022

Less is More #472

 Hey LIMettes


We have a fabulous new challenge for you at Less is More ,



I love using vellum although I don't use it as often as I should. Luckily enough I bought a pack only a few weeks ago.

This is my card,


My lovely and very clever blog friend Viv posted a card using this reverse stamping on Vellum technique a couple of weeks ago with a link to a video tutorial by our wonderful founder Chrissie.

I simply cut a square of vellum slightly larger than my window and stamped a few small snowflakes in clear ink and embossed them with white embossing powder. On the reverse side I stamped the same snowflakes in versacolor blue ink.

While the ink was drying I cut my window using Pink Fresh Studio Blanket stitched squares die from a square of card slightly smaller than my base card.

I placed the vellum under the window and stuck it all down with foam tape.

The sentiment is Mamma Elephant Holiday Messages

Snowflakes are by Inkadinkado ( I think ).

 


 

A close up of the stamped vellum.



While I had the vellum on my desk I thought I'd make a quick gift tag.

I used a gift tag die to cut a tag from vellum and another from teal card and attatched them with an eyelet.

I stamped onto the vellum this sentiment from Gina K in clear ink and gold embossing powder and again with a small flourish stamp from Papertrey along the bottom of the teal tag.

I marked the vellum tag with a pencil before cutting at an angle along the bottom edge.


I look forward to seeing your creations. Thank you for popping in...

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and tag,and love the technique on the vellum
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and tag. I will have to give that technique a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card and tag Lynne. Such a delicate look too your card. The double embossing looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How have I missed so many of your gorgeous creations? This was certainly too lovely to be missed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very much appreciated.