Saturday 1 August 2020

Less is More #425 Summer Flowers

Hello there,

It's Saturday and that means it's time for our new challenge at Less is More







A nice warm summery one this time.

I have two cards to share with you,

 I love colour and this Flourishes Gerbera Daisy stamp just cries out for the brightest colours.
It's one of my favourite stamps and it's so versatile, I use it more than any other stamp I think.
I stamped it sideways on and then masked it off and stamped again at an angle to make the flowers fit, ( does that make sense?)
Then I simply coloured it with a mix of Promarkers and Specrum Noir pens.
The sentiment is from a set by Marion Emberson Designs

For my second card I've toned things down a bit with pastel colours.
This is another Flourishes stamp, Orchids and again you get to have free reign over colours.

I stamped and coloured the image before cutting it out with a stitched recangle die. I cut another rectangle slightly bigger and matted them up with foam pads.
I had a little accident when stamping the sentiment onto the card base so had to stamp again onto a mat to cover it. Luckily it was easily solved.

I bought these stamps back in the days when I made fussy cards, long before I discovered CAS but I think both designs show that even though they might be a bit twee, they can still be CAS.

Please check out the other DT posts and give them some love and take some inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. Your brightly and wonderfully colored Gerber Daisies are stunning. I love the way you masked and placed them. Great design. The orchid images and coloring are also beautiful. I love the way you fixed your sentiment issue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those gerberas are so cheery, and great masking too. I also have that Marion Emberson sentiment :) Love the orchids on the double frame, I love doing that to add detail to white space xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabulous colouring of the gerbera stamp,great masking and love the beautifully coloured orchid stamp too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'd use that gerbera stamp a lot too if I had it Lynne! I love the way you made a bigger arrangement of them using masking, and the bright colours are perfect. The orchids are gorgeous too and love the elegance of the double white matting.
    Can't help thinking our weather is turning a bit extreme - that heat, those weird electrical storms and now these crazy downpours! Hope all is well with you and yours. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very much appreciated.