Saturday 2 July 2022

Less is More # 468 Emboss


 

Hello there,

We have a brand new challenge over at  Less is More and it's a super (aren't they all?)



We'd like to see embossing on your cards this time but remember to keep them clean & simple with plenty of clean space.


I'm sitting comfortably in my happy place with this challenge. I really do love a bit of embossing, in fact it was the first thing I attempted when I first started making cards all those years ago.

One of the first pieces of equipment I bought was a heat gun and some embossing powder and even now I get a thrill from watching the powder melt as if by magic. So I might just have got a bit carried away with my inspiration samples this time.


Dry embossing


Dry embossing can be done with an embossing stylus or an embossing folder. This card is simplicity itself.

I used my Crafters Companion box maker and a stylus and just scored the lines until I thought the panel was wide enough.

I cut my flowers from watercolour card and gave them a wash of water colour paints.

I added a sentiment stamped and embossed in gold.

The crocus and  Illarius are from Alexandra Renke, the tulip is Simply Graphic


Texture Embossing


For this one I used a stencil called falling petals from Alexandra Renke and some Nuvo embellishing Mousse.

I used some more of the same flowers


Heat embossing


This one is slightly different and I'm not sure it's CAS enough so I've left it until last.

I used some mid grey card for my base and a piece of light grey for the panel.

The leaves are from a  set by Crafters Companion that were free with a magazine ages ago.

I stamped them in clear ink and embossed the in gold EP before fussy cutting them.

I added a strip of black to the top of the panel and then added an eyelet in gold.

The sentiment is another really old Papertrey ink stamp, stamped and embossed in gold.

I finished off with some waxed thread in gold.

Sympathy cards are not the nicest ones to have to make but I do like to have a couple ready made because sooner or later I know I will need one.


I do hope I've given you a little bit of inspiration, please pop over to the Less is More blog for some super creations from my teamies.

5 comments:

  1. All absolutely beautiful cards Lynne,love all the different embossing techniques and watercolour die-cut flowers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! what a super selection of embossed cards. All so lovely. You've inspired my to try out some dry embossing and texture embossing. Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards for the embossing challenge. You went all out with these lovely creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same love of watching EP and heat do their magic, and it was how I started out with card making as well. All of your cards are wonderful, each of them with their unique embossing method. The last one is definitely CAS enough. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very much appreciated.