Saturday 30 July 2022

Lessis More # 470, Butterflies

 Hello there,

It's time for a brand new challenge at Less is More and this time it's a theme.


The possibilities are endless with a butterfly image from the different species we see all over the world to the colourful fantasy ones in our heads.

I can't wait to see your creations,



I've seen lots of these 'floating' panels on cards lately so I thought I'd give it go.

Really easy to do. I cut my strips of card the same width and adhered them onto a piece of acetate leaving a small space between each strip. I then simply used a circle die to make the topper. I place foam pads behind the strips to keep them hidden and placed it on my card.

The butterfly is cut from a Memory Box die using 8 layers of pink paper. I made the body from a scrap of pale green card and added some green gems before adhering it to the topper.

I used some glitter and pearlised card from Sizzix in old gold for the topper.


My next card is made using watercolour card and a very old butterfly stamp from Elusive Images.

I stamped the images in Versafine black ink and embossed it with clear EP.

I painted it with some blue and violet Twinkling H2O's. There is a bit of a sheen to the finished image but the camera hasn't picked it up unfortunately.

The card blank is 4" x4" so quite small but I thought it made a nice thank you card. The sentiment is from Visible Image.


Please pop over to the LIM blog for some fabulous inspiration and leave some love for the rest of the team.



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and butterflies -love the circle of floating panels-I have seen a few and no-one really explained it dozy me thought it was a special die lol !!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! These are amazing and beautiful cards Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lynne with your bold dark pink butterfly ! Sid xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of your cards. Love that floating effect on the first. I must try that. I love the over the edge placement of that beautiful butterfly. I have not had my twinkling H2O's out in forever, and I am inspired to pull them out again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, they are very much appreciated.